250 gms broadbeans
2 tsp Maharastrian Ghati masala
1/2 red chili powder(optional)
3-4 tsp roasted peanut powder
1 tsp chana dal
1 tsp urad dal
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
a sprig of curry leaves
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
- Clean and wash the broad-beans and check for insects in it and then finely chop the broadbeans into 1/2 cm pieces.
- Steam the chopped beans until they are soft but still crunchy.
- Heat oil in a kadai and crackle mustard seeds and add urad,chana dal and curry leaves and fry until they turn light brown in color.
- Add the steamed beans and add enough salt to it and mix well and cover it with lid and cook for 5-6 mins.
- Add red chili powder,ghati masala,ground nuts powder and mix well and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Remove it from fire.
I have used broad-beans here,you can use any of the beans like french beans,cluster beans,yard long beans and you can even make carrots,beetroot,cabbage,gobi the same way.
I am sending this to PJ's 'Flavors of Maharastra' event which is started by Naina.