2 cups heaped grated fresh coconut
1 1/2 cups Jaggery or Sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
3 tbsp chopped cashewnuts
3 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp icing sugar
- Grate the coconut carefully,scrape only the white part leaving the brown edges behind.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a small pan and add chopped cashew nuts and fry until light brown in color.
- Place Jaggery with 1-2 tbsps of water/milk in a thick wide bottomed vessel on medium heat and let it come to boil.Let the jaggery dissolves completed and blends well with milk and forms syrupy liquid(to reach one-string consistency).The process of achieving string consistency syrup liquid is important in order to get a tasty sticky truffle.
- Now add grated coconut,fried cashewnuts,elaichi powder and 3 tbsp ghee to it and stir well.Let it cook by stirring it constantly until the edges of the mixture in the vessel is bit dry and flaky.It approximately takes 10-12 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add cocoa powder and mix quickly and let it cool down a bit.
- Mean while mix cocoa powder and icing sugar and sieve it onto a wide plate to get a uniform mixture.
- Now take a small portion of the coconut mixture and make a ball out of it.Repeat the process to make all the remaining balls.
- Roll them in the cocoa powder mixture and place them on a dry plate and let them set for 30 mins to one hour.
- Now pack them in colorful chocolate wrappers,I packed mine in small pieces of aluminium foil as I did not have chocolate wrappers at that time.