12-15 slices of Baguette or regular bread or roundels
1/2 cup colored bell peppers,chopped(I used only green colored one)
4 tbsp onions,chopped
3 tbsp tomato,seeded and chopped
3 tbsp fresh/frozen corn kernels
1 baby corn,sliced into rounds(optional)
2 green chili's,finely chopped(for Indian touch,optional if making for kids)
5-6 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese(I used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar)
1 tsp red chili flakes or coarsely ground pepper
salt to taste
for Garlic spread:
3 tbsp butter,at room temperature
6-8 garlic pods,very finely chopped
1/2 tsp mixed Italian herbs
1 tsp chopped fresh basil(optional)
- Mix butter with the finely chopped or minced garlic pods,Italian herbs and chopped fresh basil and keep it aside.
- If you are using baguette cut it into thick 1" size slices diagonally and if you are using regular bread you can cut into rounds by using a big cookie cutter or just cut the edges and keep them as they are or cut into triangles.
- Mix all the chopped vegetables peppers,tomato,corn,onions and green chillies in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Take each roundel or triangle of bread and apply garlic spread and put one 2 tsp of mixed vegetables over it and sprinkle salt and red chilli flakes and top it with 2tsp of cheese(add according to your choice).
- Arrange a baking sheet or aluminum foil over the baking tray and place all the bread and put it in pre heated oven at 160 degrees and broil it for 2-3 mins until the edges of bread are slight crisp and the cheese starts melting.
I am sending this entry to Pari's 'ONLY'-Kids Delight event as this is ideal snack for kids
and this also goes to Sharmi's first event 'Lets Munch:Light Tea Snacks'.I wish her all the best for the first event.