Brahmi Tambuli | Saraswati aku Tambli Recipe:
Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 5 mins | Total time: 10 mins
Cuisine: Karnataka | Category: Side dish for Rice/Accompaniments
1/2 cup Brahmi leaves
1 cup Curd,nicely beaten
1/3 cup Coconut,grated
1 tsp Cumin seeds
3-4 Green chillies
3-4 Curry leaves
1 Red chili
a pinch of Asafoetida
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
2 tsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Heat a tsp of oil and slightly fry the brahmi leaves until they wilt.You can skip this step and use the leaves directly.
- Blend Brahmi leaves with grated coconut,cumin seeds,salt and green chillies to a fine paste.
- Beat curd nicely and add little water to thin it out.Add the chutney and mix nicely until it is nicely incorporated.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a small tadka pan and crackle mustard seeds,asafoetida,red chili and add curry leaves and fry for a minute and add the tempering to the tambuli.Refrigerate it for 1-2 hrs.
Serve it cold with hot steamed rice,pickle,papad and curd chillies.
- You can follow the same process with Doddapatre leaves.You need to fry the leaves a bit and then blend with the remaining ingredients.
- You can blend the brahmi leaves directly with other ingredients but I prefered to saute the leaves slightly.