I thoroughly enjoyed this summer season, eating plenty of mangoes.We get various varieties of mangoes here in Mumbai with my most favorite one's being Alphonsos and Kesar. The season for Alphonsos and kesar is almost over and we are left only with Dasheri and a few other varieties. While I had plans of posting several dessert recipes with ripened mangoes but could'nt post more than a few of them , more out of lethargy ..well some of the desserts were so good that they didnt last long enough for me to take pics :-). Still, I managed to post this recipe of a simple yet elegant mango milkshake which I made from the last batch of kesar mangoes.I like the deep orange color of these kesar and alphonso varieties which lends a nice color to the milkshake.Mango Milkshake Recipe:
1 ripen Mango(Alphonso/Kesar or similar variety)
2-3 tbsp Sugar *
2 cups cold Milk *
2 scoops of Vanilla ice cream or Mango ice cream(optional)
1 green Cardamom,seeded and crushed (optional)
- Remove the skin and cut the mango into pieces.
- In a mixer/blender add mango pieces, cardamom seeds,sugar and 1 cup of milk and blend into a smooth puree.Check the sweetness and if needed add extra sugar.
- Add remaining 1 cup milk and vanilla/mango ice cream and run again to the desired consistency.Add more milk if you need a thin milkshake and also adjust the sugar accordingly.
- Sugar should be adjusted according to the sweetness of mango and to your desired sweetness.
- Milk also is to be adjusted according to your desired thickness.
- Addition of ice cream is entirely optional,it adds a nice creamy touch to milkshake.
- Cardamom enhances the flavor of mango milkshake,it is optional if you do not like any other flavor in mango milkshake.
- You can choose the mango varieties like alphonso,kesar,badam,raspuri which tastes best for this milkshake.