This mango season, I have posted many recipes based on raw mango and although I prepared many recipes with ripened mango, I somehow forgot to take pics. This post is based on ripened mango and comes just in time before the mango season ends, so you still have time to prepare this simple and delicious cake.Also it is a special day for me today as it is my Dad's birthday and I would like to wish him a very nice day through this post.
I love pound cakes and love to eat it as a snack rather than as a dessert and the addition of fruit pulp in a pound cake gives a mild taste of the fruit which makes it even more delicious.I had planned to prepare a mango cake and I am glad that I made it before the mango season ends,it was a very simple cake with nice mango flavor in each and every bite.Mango Pound Cake Recipe:
(makes a 8" ring tin)
Recipe source : Parita's world
2 cups All purpose flour
1/2 cup unsalted Butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup fresh Mango puree(preferably Alphonsos)
4 small Eggs or 3 large Eggs
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Vanilla extract/essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and flour a 8" ring tin.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda and keep it aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy for about 3 to 5 mins.
- Now add in the mango puree and beat until well combined,it turns to pale yellow.
- Now beat in one egg at a time alternating with flour mixture.
- Finally add in the vanilla essence and beat lightly just until its incorporated.
- Pour the batter into greased cake tin and tap lightly on the kitchen platform so that the mixture is evenly spread.
- Bake the cake for 45 to 50 mins until a knife or tooth pick inserted comes out clear.Keep a close watch after 35 mins.
- Let the cake sit in tin for 5 mins and run a knife in the edges and remove the cake from tin.Once the cake has reached the room temperate.
- Slice the cake and store it in an airtight box.
- The cake tasted better the next day,the flavor of mango in the cake is very delicious.
- You can add chopped and dusted walnuts to the batter before baking,I am sure it would add nice bite in the cake.
- You can use salted butter,I used Amul butter for this cake.