Potatoes might be one of those veggies which are liked by almost everyone.This vegetable is so versatile and one can make the simplest recipes like fry or french fries which tastes divine or even in many other forms like parathas,stew,gravies,curries,fillings and snacks.Today's post is a very simple yet tasty recipe which does not require any kitchen skills.Just chop the veggie,toss in oil and sprinkle spices and the fry is ready.It takes time to cook but one need not to give constant attention if you maintain the low flame.Now off to the recipe directly.
Potato Fry | Alu fry Recipe:
3 large Potatoes
2-3 garlic pods(optional)
3/4 tsp Red chili powder
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Oil
- Peel and dice the potatoes into very small cubes.Drop them in water.
- Heat oil in a wide pan or kadai add diced potatoes and slightly crushed garlic pods and fry well until they are crisp.
- Once it is crisp and golden color,add required amount of salt and red chili powder to it and mix well.
- The additional of garlic pods is entirely optional,slightly crush them while adding.It gives a nice flavor to fry.
- You can follow the same process for vegetables ladies finger, brinjal, tindora (dondakaya). You need to fry them according to the respective time required by them.