Reason no.2: 'Last Sunday was my birthday' and thanks a lot for all your lovely wishes which made my day very special.
Reason no.3: The 'temptation' created by our fellow bloggers by posting different amazing brownie recipes in the last couple of weeks for Divya's 'Best Brownie' event.
Reason no.4: And finally 'the magnificent and the most amazing win of India against Pakistan' in the world cup semi finals which made us on the way for the most awaiting finals.
These are the various reasons which forced me to make my brownies post to happen soon in my blog to celebrate and enjoy the moments.
I have already posted a Brownie recipe here which has eggs. I always look for eggless recipes,not that we do not eat eggs but I can bake them for my mom who does not eat eggs. I tried this egg less version of brownies from sanjana's blog and I already made them a couple of times because of the simplicity of the recipe. Mine turned to be fudgy but slightly cakey textured ones unlike those beautiful ones of sanjana's,nevertheless the taste was amazing and loaded with chocolate.If you are looking for an egg less brownie recipe,you can blindly follow this recipe and enjoy making those gorgeous beauties.Even our blogger friend Nithya has tried these brownies recently and posted them here and if you are looking for another eggless brownie recipe check out Raks space for her brownie recipe.
And finally,these brownies along with the other version of 'Brownies with eggs' are going to participate in Divya's 'Best Brownie' event.
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder(I used cadbury's)
3/4 cup icing sugar + 1tbsp icing sugar(for dusting)
1 tsp baking soda
a generous pinch of salt
5 tbsp melted unsalted butter or 5 tbsp regular vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup buttermilk
2 tsp instant coffee( I used nescafe)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts + 1tbsp chopped walnuts(for topping)
1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate pieces or chocolate chips
- Sift all purpose flour,icing sugar,baking soda,salt and cocoa powder together a couple of times until you get a uniform mixture of them.
- Melt instant coffee powder in a tbsp of hot water and let it cool.
- Melt butter in a deep pan on low heat and let it cool.If you are using oil ignore this step.
- Whisk in the melted butter/oil into the butter milk and add vanilla essence and coffee decoction and whisk again until you get a uniform mixture.
- Now fold in the dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix very gently with a spatula or spoon.
- Dust the chopped walnuts and choco chips/dark chocolate pieces with a tsp of flour and fold the dried nuts and chocolate pieces into the batter.
- Grease an 8" square tin and line up a parchment paper or aluminum foil with the edges hanging over the tin slightly and transfer the batter mixture in it to get 1" thick layer of the mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining walnuts and bake for 25-30 mins at 180 degrees or till done.
- Cool it completely and remove it from tin and cut it into squares.
- I have used walnuts,you can use nuts of your choice like pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashewnuts and you can even chopped dates,cranberries,raisins etc.
- The original recipe did not have vanilla essence in it,I added to get the extra flavor to it.
- You can pour it in a 9" square tin to get thin brownies than mine.
- I have added more quantity of nuts and chocolate pieces as we like to bite into them in brownie,you can reduce or increase the quantity according to your wish.
- To make buttermilk,whisk in 2 tbsp of thick fresh curds in approximate 1 cup of water to get a cup of buttermilk.
- If you are using salted butter,avoid adding salt to it.
- The original recipe had 3/4th cup of icing sugar,I have added extra 2 tbsp icing sugar approximately which was even perfect,not too sweet.
- You can powder your sugar and use it for d recipe instead of icing sugar.
- These brownies have a bit of texture of cake,but taste wise it was amazing.