1 medium cauliflower,cut into florets
4 green cardamom pods
1" cinnamon stick
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp ghee/oil
juice of half a lemon
1 tsp chopped coriander
salt to taste
3/4 cup coconut
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
3-4 green chillies
- Clean the cauliflower and cut into medium size florets.Drop them in boiling salted water and cook for 2-3mins and drain them and keep aside.
- Grind the ingredients under the section 'To grind' to a smooth paste adding little water if required.
- Heat ghee or oil in a kadai and crackle cumin seeds and add cloves,cardamom pods,cinnamon and fry until they turn aromatic.
- Add ground paste and fry until the raw smell goes away and add the cauliflower florets and fry for a minute or two.
- Add a cup of water and enough salt to it and cover it with lid and cook for 5-6 mins until the gravy thickens.
- Switch off the flame and stir in the lemon juice and mix well.Garnish with coriander.
- For a Vegan version use only oil in the recipe.