8-10 Whole wheat/White bread slices
1 medium carrot,grated
1 medium onion,finely chopped
1 small capsicum,finely chopped
1 medium ripen tomato,finely chopped
2-3 tbsp chopped coriander
2 green chillies,finely chopped
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp chat masala(optional)
1/4 tsp jeera
a pinch of sugar
2 tsp tomato sauce
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
1 tbsp butter
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle jeera and then add finely chopped onions and green chillies and fry until they are translucent.
- Add chopped tomato and capsicum and fry them for 2 mins until they are slightly done(no need to make tomatoes mushy).
- Add grated carrots,red chili powder,chat masala,a pinch of sugar,salt and mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add chopped coriander and tomato ketchup and mix well.and remove from stove and keep it aside.
- Heat a thick non stick tawa and toast bread on one side then apply this mixture on that toasted side properly and level it with a spoon and apply butter to the tawa and toast the other side until red and crisp.
- You can even cover with another slice and grill it and have like normal sandwich.
- You can even add colored peppers and grated paneer to the above vegetable mixture for yummy toast.
- Avoid butter in the recipe for a Vegan version