Being a foodie I like to watch all cookery shows that comes in TV and language is not a barrier for me.I watch Telugu,Kannada,Tamil,Rajasthani,Hindi,English anything which is related to cooking and I have scribbled so many books with those recipes.As it is very difficult for me to remember which one I liked among them and which I wanted to give a try,I generally rate those recipes in my book.And you would have understood by now that this recipe is one among those recipes which I wanted to try from my book.
This is a very simple and yummy recipe which can be had either as a breakfast or evening snack.The flavor in this snack is really amazing,and I am sure that your kids will definitely love this.
8-10 Bread Slices with Crusts
1 Big Onion,thinly sliced(Julienne cut)
3-4 green chillies finely chopped
1 Big Tomato,roughly chopped
1 1/2 tbsp Yoghurt,beaten
1 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Lemon juice,fresh
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tbsp chopped coriander
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Oil/Butter
- Toast the Bread slices either on Tawa or Toaster until light golden Brown,cut them into square blocks.
- Heat oil in a wide bottomed pan and crackle mustard seeds and jeera.
- Add thinly sliced Onions and finely chopped green chillies and add sugar to it and fry until the onions are caramelized and turn golden in color.
- Add Turmeric,salt,Yoghurt to it and fry for a minute.Now add the toasted bread cubes to it and fry until its crispy.
- Add Chopped Tomatoes to it and cook for a minute(do not overcook).
- Add coriander leaves,lemon juice to it and mix properly.
1/2 Cup beaten fresh curd
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients until it forms smooth and creamy mixture.If the curd is sour,add half spoon of sugar while whisking it.Hand whisker works better for this job.
- Chill it for 15-20 mins.
This again goes to "Show me your breakfast" Event by Divya of Dil se.
and also to "EFM Theme - Breakfast Series" @ Srish Kitchen