Oats is one of the healthiest cereals which are easily available everywhere and is a most preferable choice for breakfast.Even though it is healthy we make it more caloried food by adding sugar to the porridge.I am not a fan of this sweet kind of porridge for breakfast and it takes 10-15 mins for me to complete a bowl of sweet oats porridge..:)But the blogging world has educated me a lot regarding cooking and gave me enough sense to modify the regular food stuff.I tried this savory porridge and believe me I finished off my bowl with in matter of minutes and received thumbs up even from my hubby.
But I am confused to decide the name,What do I need to call this,Oats porridge or curd oats??
and finally decided on savory oats porridge..Try it and follow the Mantra "Eat healthy and live healthy".
1 Cup Quick Oats
3/4 Cup Thick beaten Curd
2 green chillies finely chopped
1 carrot chopped
1 tbsp Raisins
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
4-5 curry leaves
1 tbsp chopped coriander
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp oil
- Cook Oats with water and salt in microwave until soft,it hardly takes 2-3 mins.(you can even do it on stove top).
- Add the carrot pieces to it and microwave it again for one more minute.(If you are preparing it on stove add it at the end before you remove it from stove).
- Cool the Oats mixture completely.
- Beat the curds with some water and salt to a medium consistency liquid.
- Heat oil in a small Tadka Pan on stove and crackle mustard seeds,jeera and fry green chillies,raisins and curry leaves and fry it until the raisins bubbles.(If using microwave use a microwave container and avoid using mustard and jeera or you can avoid complete tadka process by adding finely chopped green chillies and curry leaves to the oats mixture directly).cool the tadka.
- Now add the Oats mixture and the Tadka to the beaten curd mixture and mix properly and add coriander to it and mix.
You can even top this with grated carrot,coriander and boondi..I bet you will not miss dahi vada...atleast I felt the same...strange right?? try it by yourselves you will come to know why I said that..!!
This again goes to "Show me your breakfast" Event by Divya of Dil se.
and also to "EFM Theme - Breakfast Series" @ Srish Kitchen.
The microwaved version of this porridge goes to Simran's event "MEC:Breezy Breakfasts" which was originally started by Srivalli of Cooking for all seasons.