American corn salad is quite famous every where,but I got introduced to baby corn salad only at this place.I was surprised to see the list of salad's which they make fresh and serve in a span of five mins and sometimes we don't even get to eat it if it is over crowded.This recipe I got inspired truly from this place and added the ingredients according to our taste buds.When I saw suma's post on Fruit chaat I was tempted more to prepare this immediately.The sour bites of mango pieces with the crunch baby corn and the spicyness from the masala makes the salad taste perfect.Do try out the various variations I have mentioned in the salad as I could not show everything in one post.
15-18 Baby corn,sliced diagonally
1 cucumber,diced to the size of baby corn pieces
3 tbsp finely chopped raw mango
1 tsp butter
for the dressing:
a handful of mint leaves
a handful of coriander leaves
1 tbsp chopped raw mango
a big green chili
1 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
- Steam the baby corn pieces for 2-3 mins.They should be crunchy not completely cooked.
- Mix in the butter to the baby corn pieces immediately when the baby corn slices r hot and let them coat completely.
- Prepare a coarse paste of mint leaves,coriander leaves,raw mango,green chili,lemon juice and salt in a mixer or a mortar and pestle.
- Mix in the diced cucumber to the buttered baby corn and also add the paste and stir in quickly with a ladle.
- You can even add pepper to it if you want it bit more hot n spicy.It also gives a different flavor.
- You can replace pine apple instead of mango or you can even use the combination of both.
- You can just steam the baby corn and stir in butter,salt and pepper immediately when it is hot and serve again immediately.That is also a nice combination.
- You can even add chat masala,salt and butter to the steamed baby corn.
- You can replace baby corn with steamed corn or grilled corn.