Holige Saaru and Tomato Rasam but there are few other varieties like mint rasam,pacchi pulusu, pepper rasam, mango rasam, tomato dal rasam which I thoroughly enjoy too.
Check out other rasam varieties in my blog -
- Dill leaves flavored Rasam | Sapsige Soppu Saaru
- Drumstick Rasam | Mulakkadala Rasam
- Holige Saaru | Special Toor dal Rasam
- Lemon Rasam
- Mint(Pudina) Rasam
- Miriyala Chaaru | Pepper Rasam
- Pacchi Pulusu | Raw Onion - Tamarind Rasam
- Pineapple Rasam
- Senagala Kattu/Chickpeas Rasam
- Tomato Rasam
- Tomato Dal Rasam | Pappu Chaaru
Here is how to make raw mango rasam recipe with step by step photos.
Raw Mango Rasam Recipe:
Serves 2 | Author: Prathibha
Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 25 mins | Total time: 30 mins
Cuisine: South Indian | Category: Main Course - Side dish
1 raw Mango
2 Green chilies
2 tsp Rasam powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Jaggery
2 tsp Oil/Ghee
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
2-3 Red chilies,broken
8-10 Curry leaves
1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- Wash and peel the skin of raw mango and cut into slices and reserve the mango seed.In a bowl add cut mango slices,mango seed and green chilies and close it with lid(no need to add water) and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Once it cools down mash it nicely with the back of a spoon or puree it in the mixer.Reserve the mango seed aside.
- In a small pan heat oil/ghee and crackle mustard seeds,add broken red chilies, curry leaves and asafoetida and fry until the red chilies turn slight brown in color.
- Add mashed mango puree along with the cooked mango seed and 1.25-1.5 cups of water and add turmeric powder, rasam powder,salt and jaggery and bring the rasam to a boil.Check the seasoning and adjust it.Boil it well.
Serve it hot with hot steamed rice,fry and papads.
- You can add 1/3 cup of cooked and mashed toor dal or moong dal to the rasam while boiling for a different taste.
- You can serve it as a soup or hot beverage.
Technorati Tags: rasam varieties,raw mango rasam,mamidikaya rasam,maavinkay rasam,south indian rasam recipes,side dish for rice,karnataka recipes,raw mango recipes